10.13.2007

What I Would Wear: Teen Vogue Fashion U

Welcome to a new series that I call What I Would Wear. For each WIWW post, I will choose a fashionable event that I cannot attend, and show you exactly what I would wear if I were lucky enough to attend. Got it? Good. WIWW is a fantasy in and of itself, so there is no budget. That makes things a lot more fun! For my first WIWW, I have chosen Teen Vogue's Fashion University, a three day event in NYC that starts with a concert, then there is a day of seminars and lectures, and finally a graduation day in Bloomingdale's. Here's what I would wear:This first outfit is for the day of seminars and lectures. Since it's Fashion U, I decided to go with a Parisienne school girl look. It's a bit quirky, and a little coquettish, which is the perfect mix in my world! I am going for a mix of high and low for all of my outfits, since it seems like a TV thing to do. A Built By Wendy jumper is the centerpiece of the outfit, and the stripy tights and fabulous pumps add color and whimsy. A bow tie blouse and jaunty beret complete the look with a French flair. Top it all with a 60s style swing coat and I'm ready to go!
The outfit on the left is for the very first day, which I assume involves meeting people, and then the concert afterwards. I went for a chic, Carine Roitfeld inspired look, with a bright blue silk top and a swingy grey skirt. Fierce oxford pumps and an asymmetrical blazer - both in black - have real attitude. I'll take the blazer off for the concert! For jewels, I'm thinking a big stack of pearls. The outfit on the right is for the last day, and perhaps may be a little dressy but who cares. This is my fantasy! I went with a classic and simple frock from J. Crew, accessorized with amazing Moschino pumps. I will certainly be chilly in this, so I'll wear the Westwood blazer over it to make it a little more casual and funky. I'd love a 1920s style silver headpiece to wear in place of any earrings or necklaces.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so a good idéa.
- and I really like the black dress in the first picture!

October 13, 2007 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Thanks cupcake! I adore that jumper too, and I am anxiously awaiting it to go on sale so I can afford it!

October 14, 2007 at 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo awesome idea! great outfits btw, you have impeccable taste :)

October 14, 2007 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger dreamecho said...

i love the coquettish quirky look! you captured it quite well. the red shoes and short jumper add just the right dose of flirtiness.

i wish i could have gone to the teen u event too...

October 23, 2007 at 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
check out www.21jeanscom for some fab pieces for spring 2008.

November 21, 2007 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home