10.24.2007

What I Would Wear: 7th on Sale

Welcome to another installment of WIWW. If you don't know what that is, click on the label and scroll to the first WIWW post. It's pretty simple, and very fun! For my fantasy fashion event I have chosen the 7th on Sale black tie gala, held in NYC on November 15. 7th on Sale is a huge auction, where you can bid on thousands of designer goods, and all proceeds benefit AIDS patients.Since it's black tie, and such a high profile event, I want to make heads turn. So I am going to be wearing this Elie Saab couture creation. I love the neckline - it's mod, futuristic, and more than a little badass, in my humble opinion. The flowing skirt is what really makes an impression though. The graduation of colors, from black to mist grey to lavender, is just stunning. With my sharp flapper haircut and heavily lined eyes, I'll look dark and beautiful. I didn't pick out accessories or shoes, because really, with a gown like this, I could go barefoot and no one would care.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Love these installments.

October 24, 2007 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Merci beaucoup Emma!

October 25, 2007 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger gilda said...

that dress is absolutely gorgeous. nice pick!! i might just be going to a similar nyc event... i think it's on the 1st. won't be going as a guest though... i signed up to work! but the guy hasn't gotten back to me yet. crossing my fingers!

October 27, 2007 at 12:12 AM  
Blogger molly said...

ooh i love it its so dramatic

October 29, 2007 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger dreamecho said...

yay for humble badasses!

i used to have a sharp flapper haircut for a year. it was one of the best haircuts of my life, but too much maintenance.

October 30, 2007 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home