11.30.2007

The Sound of Fashion: Little Amber Bottles

Time for another one of my favorite features, The Sound of Fashion, where I interpret the sound of a particular band's album using clothes. This time I have chosen Blanche's new album, Little Amber Bottles. Blanche is a group of five guys and dolls who do what can best be described as goth-country-Americana-rock. Trust me, it's fabulous. They, like me, have an affinity for all things old-fashioned, particularly of Dustbowl-era America. Their sound is classic and modern all at once, but you can definitely hear the strains of 1920s country, 1800s lyrical sensibilities, and 1950s rock.

A pretty lace blouse with floral embroidery is sweet and feminine, but paired with menswear inspired knickers, the look becomes more mysterious. A bracelet of jewel-toned glass cameos and straight from Cold Mountain lace up boots complete the outfit. Don't forget a pair of black lace gloves and and a mint julep. Yee haw!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap why have i never heard of this genius band!? i love love love them :) thank you thank you so very much for introducing me to them

November 30, 2007 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I know! Aren't they so perfect! Glad to be of help.

December 1, 2007 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

I love that Anthropologie blouse so much it hurts.

December 1, 2007 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Bojana said...

That bracelet is cuuuute. very delicate and flirty, I like it

December 2, 2007 at 1:54 AM  
Blogger Ariana | Paris To Go said...

That blouse reminds me of Arletty... pretty.

December 5, 2007 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger dreamecho said...

i'll have to check out this band...because if this little amber bottles-inspired outfit is any indicator.... ;)

LOVE the boots.

December 5, 2007 at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home