1.21.2008

Why the Hell Should I Stay Awake?

I have been enchanted by Vogue Girl Korea, the lovely fashion magazine that always delights me with its innovative photography, gorgeous styling, and whimsical attitude. While browsing Foto Decadent, I found this cute editorial called "Sudden Sleep," photographed by Hong Jang Hyun. I find the concept so interesting, and so out of the ordinary, that I just had to share! Go to Foto Decadent for more shots from this editorial, in larger sizes that are decidedly more impactful than mine!Makes me think of long road trips! I've always though that if someone opened the door while I was still asleep from the drive, this is what would ensue. The vintage car is a nice touch.

This one has a somewhat voyeuristic quality about it. It's as if the girl lost the key to her apartment and had to sleep on the floor. I love the point of view as well - it gives a sense of vertigo!

Mmm...springtime naps in nature.

This is definitely one of my favorites. It is very mysterious, but also somehow serene. The cool colors and soft edges are so calming to me.

I enjoyed the entire editorial, and I love the concept of catching someone in an intimate, vulnerable moment. It is so beautiful.

*Title from the song "Fade Together" by Franz Ferdinand

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I adored this photo shoot. It's like "narcolepsy chic;" a modern day Sleeping beauty perhaps? It would be a fun gimmick to remake all the old princess stories...

January 21, 2008 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger dreamecho said...

i love vogue girl korea, definitely one of my fave mags out there. the clothes horse's description is so funny..."narcolepsy chic" better than narcotics chic, i guess.

anyway, i've tagged you. see my blog for details.... ;)

January 21, 2008 at 6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to try and get hold of this magazine in person... scans are just not sufficient!

January 22, 2008 at 2:48 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Thank you all for the comments! I agree that scans are not enough! I wish we had magazines like this...many American publications are sadly lacking. "Narcolepsy chic" - I love it!

January 22, 2008 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

What amazing pictures! Love them a lot.
fabulous :-)

March 4, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home