2.24.2008

It's Been a Long Cold Lonely Winter...

...and I am ready for the sunshine of spring. With the warmer weather comes the promise of colorful spring blooms and, of course, new fashions. Here are a few of my favorite spring inspirations.
Wardrobe Remixer Boboniaa is one incredibly stylish girl. I am always in awe of her fantastic eye for color and her ability to layer the most disparate items and make them look perfect together. This look is a great example of that use of color, which is one of the things I'd like to do for spring. I like a somewhat neutral palette, but I love bright blues and reds, so finding more ways to incorporate pops of color into my everyday outfits would be so refreshing.
I love this layered look, using a monochromatic palette. She's keeping the colors in the same scheme, but making it interesting by mixing patterns. I have a French nautical thing going on, but sometimes I feel like it's a little "done" for spring. Throwing in another pattern, or changing up the proportions, like Boboniaa does, will add life to a somewhat stale look.
Finally, a chic, almost Audrey inspired outfit in neutral tones. This would be a nice transition outfit, and I love how she does something a little unexpected, with the silver shoe and pop art-esque clutch.
From Style.com, a look from Charles Nolan's fall 2008 ready to wear show. Yes, I am getting spring inspiration from a fall runway show! But I really like the concept of having year-round clothing, layering more spring or summer appropriate pieces with heavier items. Now, this look is not perfect - I detest the ugly floral, it looks like bad 80s chintz - but the idea is what I enjoy. I'll get a patterned full skirt and pair it with a bright cardigan and scarf. This would be another ideal transition outfit.
This look, however, is perfect! It's Charles Nolan again, this time spring 2008. I love the 1920s style wide leg trousers, they have such an easy, sophisticated feel. I have quite a few trousers for fall and winter, but not that many for spring. I'd like to do more than skirts and dresses when the weather warms up, and this is lovely.
Finally, The Cherry Blossom Girl does Versailles! I adore everything this mademoiselle wears, but this look is especially pretty. I am dying to find a similar floaty dress that I can wear with espadrilles and chunky cognac leather sandals, and then come fall, with dark tights a la Erin Fetherston.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jamie i'm so glad you decided not to quit blogging, this was an awesome post! very well researched and inspiring. i like how all of the looks are transition from winter to spring looks, i really needed that because i've been in a fashion slump of just boots and wool for 2 weeks now haha, i like the ideas you took from nolan the most!

February 24, 2008 at 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! I am SOO glad you are back in the blogging world!! What a relief! :) Heehee! Great photos for today! I especially love the Audrey Hepburn inspired piece! All of the pieces have wonderful color choices as well! :)

Welcome back!

February 25, 2008 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

I love the outfit set against the yellow wall, it's so classic and chic. Gorgeous!

February 25, 2008 at 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say how much I love the color in this last photo! It is so subtle, I think I want to do a painting off of it! I will let you know if I do!

March 1, 2008 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I love Bobinaa. She has an enviable wardrobe and style. The best backgrounds too.

March 2, 2008 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Gorgeous outfit. The last one is my favourite one! :-)

March 4, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home