3.10.2008

Long Red Curly Hair

It seems every time I check out Foto Decadent I find so many gorgeous editorials! This one, "Soldier Will You Marry Me" is especially cool. From UK Vogue, shot by the amazing Tim Walker, and modeled by Karen Elson, whom I find to be a lovely model and person, even though she is married to the man of my dreams. Susie Bubble already posted about this, but I wanted to share with my devoted readers too! So, here are my three favorites. As always, head to Foto Decadent for more shots.
This, in my opinion, is the best one of the bunch. That luscious pink gown is beyond any description I could conjure, so I'll just let its frothiness speak for itself. Love the mirror too. And that face!
Love it. Slightly creepy, and at the same time, highly adorable. The dress and the white tights are inspired.
The pose, the toy soldier, the train...perfect. It reminds me of The Nutcracker, which is appropriate, considering Elson's ballerina-esque frock and flats.

Go check out the whole thing. It is really smashing for UK Vogue, who usually veers to the tacky side of things. Tim Walker is one of my favorite fashion photogs - he brings such a sense of whimsy to everything he does. Enjoy!

*Title comes from "Take Take Take" by The White Stripes

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got such a cute blog

March 11, 2008 at 1:20 AM  
Blogger Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Those are great. I love toy soldiers.

March 13, 2008 at 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These photos are so beautiful!! They remind me of the story of the one legged ballerina and the tin soldier! :) Thank you for showing us this lovely inspiration!

March 15, 2008 at 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, it's beautiful! thanks for sharing :)

March 16, 2008 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

It annoys me that whenever I stop buying magazines because the content is awful, they come up with a great editorial/issue. So thanks muchly for the pictures.

March 16, 2008 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Julie @ Belle Maison said...

beautiful photos! i especially like the amazing pink gown! Lovely blog, btw :)

April 20, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home